When you’re a serious gamer, especially if you prefer PC gaming to console gaming, regular computer desks just don’t cut it. Different computer desks are designed with different purposes in mind, so you don’t want to do your gaming on a regular office desk. The best gaming desk will meet all of your needs as a PC gamer, including comfort, convenience and even game performance. Here are 5 great reasons why you should buy a gaming desk.
- More room. Gamers tend to have a lot of accessories and peripherals to help increase their gaming efficiency and enjoyment. These accessories can’t always fit on a regular desk. A gaming desk has plenty of space for your keyboard, mouse, monitors, headphones, microphone, controllers and more. This way, you can store and display everything you need right on your desk without having to worry about anything falling off or cluttering the desk too much.
- Dedicated space. When you have a gaming desk separate from your work desk, you can be sure that your gaming gear doesn’t get mixed up with your office work or anything else not related to gaming. It doesn’t even need to be in a separate room, but having a space dedicated solely to gaming can help declutter your gaming area. This way, you can concentrate more on the game you’re playing.
- Cord management. A large PC gaming setup has a lot of cords and wires associated with it. There are cords for the keyboard, monitors, mouse, headphones, USB devices, speakers, modem, router and other peripherals. The best gaming desk will have an integrated system to manage all of those cords and wires, including spaces to hide them out of sight to make your gaming space look nice and neat.
- Comfort. Since gaming usually means sitting in one place for a long time, it’s important that the desk you use is comfortable and ergonomic. Gaming desks often have multiple height levels for the different parts of a PC. A lower segment for the keyboard and mouse keeps your arms and hands in the proper posture and helps prevent wrist discomfort. An elevated platform keeps your monitor at eye level so that you don’t have to strain your neck and shoulders to see the screen.
- Ideal shape. The best gaming desks come in an L shape or a U shape. These shaped desks are ideal for gaming because it allows a desk to have a lot of surface space for your gaming accessories, while still being able to reach everything, because the desk curves around you. This makes for a more efficient use of your gaming space.
If you’ve been gaming from a regular old office desk, it’s time to invest in a quality gaming desk. You’ll find your gaming experience more comfortable, more enjoyable and more efficient. Buying a special gaming desk will also allow you to completely separate your gaming activities from other computer-related activities, such as work tasks, which allows you to be more efficient and productive in your work as well.